Friday, September 24, 2010

Christensen, Thai Model All Set To Star In Bollywood

Christensen: In recent years Bollywood blockbusters have increasingly featured western actors, with one, Alice Patten, playing the lead female role in the 2006 release “Rang de Basanti.” But far eastern faces have been less common in the Mumbai-based film industry, except for the occasional gangster slot. Christensen, who is well known in the Thai fashion and advertising world and who has also released a pop album, said she was excited about her role in the film. “I have grown up on Bollywood films. I have seen many of them in dubbed version. I am more than happy today to be a part of this film project,” she said at a cast party this week in a Mumbai nightclub. “I don’t know how to speak Hindi and I am sure I will pick up this language while shooting,” said the actress jokingly, before explaining that her role was mainly in English. The film, “Bombay to Bangkok,” is about a Mumbai chef who ends up in the Thai capital after impersonating a doctor. Shooting will take place in both Thailand and India. “I noticed that though we are different people there are many similarities between our cultures. This would be one of the highlights of my film ‘Bombay to Bangkok’,” said director Nagesh Kuknoor. “All Thai models are gorgeous. It is difficult to choose and pinpoint who is better than whom. I chose Lena because I felt she could communicate more easily and she is beautiful.” The film, which is being produced by veteran filmaker Subhash Ghai’s company, Mukta Searchlight, is expected to release in the middle of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment