Thursday, September 2, 2010

Miss Universe 2010


I had no idea that the Miss Universe pageant was being televised on Monday night here in the states. Usually, I don’t find out about it until the very last minute and end up missing most of the telecast. This year, I was able to watch a good amount of the pageant and check out the Asian contestants to write this article.
This year, I was made aware that the pageant was on television via Facebook when a friend of mine (who is Vietnamese and smoking hot) mentioned that Vietnam did not have a representative for this year’s pageant. I still cannot believe that Vietnam was unable to find one beautiful woman in that entire country to represent them in this year’s pageant. Even so, there were still plenty of Asian contestants for me to check out.
On the Miss Universe website, I first wanted to find out who was the highest rated contestant out of the Asian countries going into the pageant. I was surprised to find out that the highest rated contestant was also from an Asian country. That happened to be Venus Raj representing The Philippines. Going by her photos, I felt that she looked okay but wasn’t wowed by her.
On the telecast, the first Asian contestant that I was able to get a good look at was Miss Thailand, who I was really amazed by. Out of all the Asian contestants, I feel that she is the most beautiful. I was hoping that she would make it into the top 10, but unfortunately, she wasn’t able to make it into the top 15.
Venus Raj was able to make it into the 10 top, and later, into the top 5. She ended up as the 4th runner up with Miss Mexico taking home the crown. I would have liked to have seen Miss Thailand take it home, but that wasn’t going to happen. At least she took home the awards for being the most photogenic and for having the best national costume.
Did anyone else check out the pageant? Did you have a favorite? Besides Miss Thailand, Miss Malaysia and Miss Indonesia were my other favorites, but I did not get one look of them while watching the telecast. Let’s discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment